Servo Motor Replacement Parts Glossary | Global Electronic Services
Global Electronic Services provides a complete index of servo motor replacement parts to help you keep your existing motors running and safeguard against downtime by having the right spares available when you need them.
Below are some of the most common replacement parts for servo motors, but we recommend you contact GES directly to secure parts specific to your servo motor. Our trained technicians and specialists can also help you determine which additional parts may be needed based on performance issues, problems and common failure points of your servo motor parts.
Servo Motor Parts: Brakes
Brakes are an integral part of safe servo motor operations because they perform the much-needed tasks of stopping and holding the rotor. Any error here not only can shut down your production and operations, but it also poses a significant safety concern if your brakes fail to operate properly.
OEMs and Global Electronic Services recommend you replace your brakes if your motor is undergoing a repair and there is less than 75% of the life remaining on your brakes. To assist with this, we stock hundreds of variants of spring-applied and electromagnetic brakes for the top servo motor manufacturers.
Additionally, we stock permanent magnet brakes with zero backlashes for meticulous holding applications. Be sure to ask us about all three types of brakes we provide:
- Spring-Type Brake — Used without electricity springs against a pressure plate, squeezing both the inner and outer plate. The clamping force is transferred to the hub which is connected to the shaft.
- Electromagnetic Brake — stops and holds a load when electrical power is disconnected. Additional disks can be used to increase torque without changing the size of the brake.
- Permanent Magnet Brake — works by using a permanent magnet to attract a single face armature. After the brake is engaged the permanent magnet creates lines of flux, which attracts the armature to the brake housing.
Replacement Bearings for Servo Motors
Global Electronic Services stocks thousands of dollars in top of the line bearings such as SKF, NTN, FAG and Koyo for all manufacturers of servo motors. Ask us about our expedited repair and delivery options for your servo motor repairs and replacement parts, including all six bearing designations:
- Ball Bearings — Capable of handling both radial and thrust loads.
- Roller Bearings — Bearing can handle much greater loads than all other ball bearings although is not ideal for thrust loading.
- Ball Thrust Bearing — Used for low speed applications.
- Tapered Roller Bearing — Ideal for large radial and large thrust loads.
- Magnetic Bearings — Used for high speed devices.
- Giant Roller Bearings — Used in large heavy applications.
We stock hundreds of brushes, brush caps, brush holders for all of the servo motor manufacturers that we can service. You also get access to servo motor parts stock that includes a complete array of end cap assemblies.
These devices can help maintain a healthy servo motor:
- Brush — used to commutate the current in motor winding
- End Cap Assembly — Used as a casing and carrier for holders and carbon brushes
GES stocks thousands of encoders including Accu-Coder, Leine & Linde, Heidenhain, Indramat, Baldor, BEI, Siemens, Allen-Bradley and many more! We also stock resolvers and tachometers:
- Resolver — Determines a motors position.
- Tachometer — Provides running speed feedback
- Encoders — Provides position feedback, resolution, commutation signal, communication, shows speed and direction.
GES for Servo Motor Replacement Parts
Countless operations turn to Global Electronic Services for their replacement parts for servo motors because of our detailed stock, knowledgeable staff and our ability to combine best-in-class repairs with each replacement. Not only do you get help finding the right part, but you’ve found a partner that can put it all together when you need immediate service.
All repairs are backed by an 18-Month In-Service Warranty, and we have capabilities to make repairs both at our location as well as yours. Contact us directly to learn more about your ability to get all the servo motor replacement parts you need and save at least ten percent on repairs over our competition.
And be sure to
ask your specialist about our standard repair time, free rush one-day and two-day services, factory-certified technicians and a world-class customer service team who is there 24/7 to help you out and update you on your service repairs or replacement parts order.